Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Jambi has arrived

Jambi_wild

Savannah Super Cat
Ah the joys of getting the new baby settled in! What did his breeder feed him?
Taste of the wild hard food, and a Friskies fishy can food, (which I cringed buying a can of that junk, but he ate it)

I went out and got some raw goat milk which he enjoys, good protein source for a stubborn kitten. he had a fresh egg yolk for breakfast.
Today I picked up some frozen raw chicken and tuna cat food blend, really good ingredients and added vitamins, let's see if a little will make his dry food more tempting

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I agree with the cringe-assessment of the breeder's diet but just go slow with the transition so that you don't upset his tummy.

Jambi_wild

Savannah Super Cat
I agree with the cringe-assessment of the breeder's diet but just go slow with the transition so that you don't upset his tummy.
Oh I am, but he isn't even really excited about eating that although he has eaten some. I think it just has to do with his stuffy nose. I am trying a little baby saline solution and saline wipes to clean out the gunk. the lysine is on the way too. I hate putting babies on antibiotics but if I don't see improvement soon it's to the vet we go.

Jacob Steel

Savannah Super Cat
I recently started putting my kitties on immune system boosters. It's not antibiotics, wasn't too expensive either it's just to protect them from getting a cold. I give them 1 pump in the morning with breakfast each and 1 pump (15ml) in the night time before bed. The vet actually gave it to me, one of them sneezed a few times and I saw a bit of winking in one eye, was worried he might be catching a cold. All the symptoms cleared up the next day, now im just doing it to help them out :)

If your interested I can find you the label on the bottle. Hope his stuffy nose clears up quickly :D