Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Jasirisana Savannahs - Savannah Cat Breeder - AZ

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Zari gave birth to a little boy on May 27th - unfortunately it looked like he had neurological deficits and passed away last night. This is the heartbreaking side to breeding, so sad...

View attachment 13294 View attachment 13295
I am so sorry to see this, and I certainly share a tear with you... He was a pretty boy with or without the deficit. That is one more reason that I could not be a breeder...

On the bright side as dim as it may seem... At least he is not suffering or in pain....

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Thank you all for your condolences. Zari is incredibly happy to be back with me full time, she doesn't seem to miss him much (thank goodness - I've had moms grieve terribly after losing a kitten). The little tyke did not seem to suffer at all, I was supplementing him with tube feeding several times a day because he was not able to nurse well, and he seemed very peaceful and content for the duration of his brief life.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
I am glad Zari did not go into depression. I was concerned. I have seen kitty moms do that. Maybe she knew he was not gonna make it and just let go....emotionally.
And it is good the little guy's short time was relatively painless.
Still sad...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think she did know right from the start that he wasn't quite right. She did her duty and took care of him, but she never seemed to have that deep bond that most moms have with their newborns. Very sad all around...

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Thank you all for your condolences. Zari is incredibly happy to be back with me full time, she doesn't seem to miss him much (thank goodness - I've had moms grieve terribly after losing a kitten). The little tyke did not seem to suffer at all, I was supplementing him with tube feeding several times a day because he was not able to nurse well, and he seemed very peaceful and content for the duration of his brief life.
That is good to hear... Sounds like there may have been other issues other than just the deficit. It really tears me up to hear of a suffering animal, much less one that is so long, and good to her that Zari is handling it well. To go peaceful is the most that you can ask for someone or some pet that has to go. Again, I am so sorry for yours and Zari's loss.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
May his precious soul find love and companionship at the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs, Patti. Death comes with the territory but it is never easy. Hugs.