Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Keeping your cats indoors

cbain

Site Supporter
Friday I took Casey to the Vet for a check up but first we stopped at the Copley police dept. so I could take him off the most wanted cat list ,when I reported him missing they wanted to know what kind of cat he was from the pic. I gave them and I told them he's a Savannah cat and I told them a little about the breed but today the officer say's that's one mixed with a Bobcat that we were looking for so I explained it again, Casey was calm and climbed in a chair for pictures and pets, It was different at the Vet clinic waiting room ,Casey saw 3 small dogs from the door of the his carrier and he got a attitude even after he was moved to a room and let out of his carrier, our Vet say's he's ok,but watch the left eye she put a eye drop in it and shined light,said it must have got poked a little while he was
in the woods. A friend of mine on FB just had her Savannah escape the same way Casey did, it's been 3 day's of worrying and watching for him to return. 14718856_10207992638719788_125524017013266927_n.jpg

cbain

Site Supporter
Casey does not look very happy in these pix! Is his tail poofed in the bottom one?
Casey just has a short fat tail and he was not happy, this is the first time ever he clawed a Vet, he does not like to go to the clinic and seeing the dogs set him off but I had to get him checked over, when this Vet comes over Casey comes right up to her in his enclosure but on her ground it's different .

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Poor Casey, I hope everything checks out from the vet exam - running free for three days with potential exposure to who knows what while out there is scary!

cbain

Site Supporter
Poor Casey, I hope everything checks out from the vet exam - running free for three days with potential exposure to who knows what while out there is scary!
Thanks everyone Casey is fine and healthy after 50 hours in the wild, but Casey and Cody have learned to hunt in their outdoor enclosure and could live in the woods if they had to and they would have a big edge in the food chain over an indoor cat and harder to catch.WE WERE LUCKY, a Face book friend has lost her Savannah cat the same way we lost Casey, door dart in the Kent city area of Michigan, Musfasa is a 2 year old male F1 10388179_10153261611651855_278513203560014165_n.jpg if anyone in the area see's him and can send any info so I can forward it to a very stressed out friend!!!

cbain

Site Supporter
The day after I took Casey in for a checkup I went to pet him and felt something stuck in his fur on the back side of his neck, at first I thought it was a burr but a closer look it was a tick , the Vet took it out with a tick twist and looked at it under glass and say's, it's a deer tick, while I was there she filled out a form and but the tick in a sealed baggy and mailed it off to be tested for Lyme disease, I am in north east Ohio and Lyme disease is not a major problem but it is here, I found a risk map and here's a linkhttp://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesandconditions/a/CW-LymeCats.htm Lyme_Disease_Risk_Map.gif