Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitten Attract

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Yes, I have had to use it twice in the past 10 years and it worked like a charm both times.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yes, I have had to use it twice in the past 10 years and it worked like a charm both times.

I was afraid to use it because it has sodium benzoate in it, but the kittens do not seem to be eating the litter...what do you think?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't think you have any reason to use Kitten Attract right now - the kittens will work it out on their own when they are ready. The only times I've used it is when they are already weaned and separated from mom but still not using the box. I certainly wouldn't expect kittens to start using a litter box until they are at least 5-6 weeks old when they start eating solid food and mom stops cleaning them so fastidiously.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Ok - thanks...they are starting to use the litterbox, so I will just let them be ;)

Medesha

Savannah Super Cat
The last lot of ferals I had started using the litter box immediately, and they couldn't have been much more than four weeks old. God, I was glad I didn't have to help them with that, I'm always worried I'm not doing it enough or right, or something....

admin

Paige
Staff member
The problem is there are many kittens and Zuri just wants to keep them close to her, so continues pottying them, therefore they don't really need to use the litterboxes yet, although I see little wet spots on the waterproof mats I put down under the boxes, so guess it will be hit and miss for a while.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I used the Kitten Attract last year when Taji decided that peeing on the stove was delightful. He also likes to pee on textiles like rugs & towels. The KA is like kitty crack. All 3 when nuts over it but I used it only as long as it took to get Taji back on track.

admin

Paige
Staff member
It says not to use it for kittens under 8 weeks, but I may have to give it a try because of all the kittens I have...I don't know if I can keep up with them all ;) as long as they don't eat it, all should be ok...