Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitten not eating/gaining weight

admin

Paige
Staff member
Well I did think that could be the case, but my partner and I live together and Leah and him are very close (she has chosen him as her sleeping buddy and always sleeps on his pillow) but then she was sick yesterday on the floor so I wasn't too sure, but I have never been away from her for so long before.

Just to update everyone, Leah went to the vet, had blood tests done and they came back clear. 2 different vets felt her tummy and said she felt fine so no need for an x ray. I really hope she is OK and eaten more, my partner gets home soon from work and I am just waiting for him to update me with how she is.
I do wonder if she misses you! Even though she loves your partner, cats are very sensitive and it could be that she is wondering where you are.

I would try some baby food with her... She really needs to eat and not lose anymore weight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LornaJayne

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you so much for all of this advice. I had a video chat with my partner last night showing me Leah eating which was lovely to see (she even did a normal looking poo in the litter tray whilst on video chat!) She still isn't eating like she usually would but it was a big improvement. I think the test will be to see if she eats her breakfast as she was given an anti nausea jab yesterday. I didn't realise you could give them baby food, if she doesn't want her food this morning I will tell my partner to go out and buy some.

If it is the case that she's missing me then she will be pleased as I will be home later on tonight, I can't wait to see her and give her lots of cuddles (I have also brought her a new toy so hopefully that will perk her up a bit!)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thank you so much for all of this advice. I had a video chat with my partner last night showing me Leah eating which was lovely to see (she even did a normal looking poo in the litter tray whilst on video chat!) She still isn't eating like she usually would but it was a big improvement. I think the test will be to see if she eats her breakfast as she was given an anti nausea jab yesterday. I didn't realise you could give them baby food, if she doesn't want her food this morning I will tell my partner to go out and buy some.

If it is the case that she's missing me then she will be pleased as I will be home later on tonight, I can't wait to see her and give her lots of cuddles (I have also brought her a new toy so hopefully that will perk her up a bit!)
Oh I'm glad to hear she is eating a bit and equally glad you will see her tonight! Please let us know how it goes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LornaJayne

Savannah Super Cat
So I am now home and Leah is so much better! Eaten a good amount yesterday and loved playing with her new toy I got her :) thank you so much for all of your advice and replies, it has really helped us. The only thing I found odd was that I was expecting lots of cuddles from her from not seeing her for 4 days but she attacked me instead... hopefully she will be more cuddly today! I am also going to start weighing her weekly as I am still concerned she is too small for her age but I am so pleased she's better.

The only thing I found odd was that I was expecting lots of cuddles from her from not seeing her for 4 days but she attacked me instead... hopefully she will be more cuddly today!
If I leave for more than an overnight trip I get inspected upon return like usual, but snubbed after that for at least half a day. Last time I was gone four days and Ninja swatted me when I got home.

Glad she's feeling better, hope you're back to cuddles!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I am very glad to hear she is eating better now. As for the0 'greeting' she gave you upon your return home, I suspect she is showing you that you are on her naughty list for leaving and you will need to make it up to her!