Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitten Pass

John Popp

Site Supporter
Watching some of the stupid stuff that Dooley does to Dino, and at times how he can be a little overly assertive, just wondering how long Dino grants him the "Kitten Pass"? I'm sure it's different with pairs of cats and kittens, and Dino still pretty much being a kitten at one year old, just trying to frame things because I'm pretty sure Dino's patience meter is about pegged.

Also that's not to say that Dino doesn't retaliate, but often he'll just growl and bolt. Not that it stops Dooley, but Dino is a lot more spry than the little one.

Trish Allearz

Watching some of the stupid stuff that Dooley does to Dino, and at times how he can be a little overly assertive, just wondering how long Dino grants him the "Kitten Pass"? I'm sure it's different with pairs of cats and kittens, and Dino still pretty much being a kitten at one year old, just trying to frame things because I'm pretty sure Dino's patience meter is about pegged.

Also that's not to say that Dino doesn't retaliate, but often he'll just growl and bolt. Not that it stops Dooley, but Dino is a lot more spry than the little one.
I don't know when the kitten freebie pass will end, but the worse that will happen at this point is a good smacking. Una has already wore out her welcome with Saber, but he just puts his ears back and complains and wanders off. LOL.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Well. Think about it. When you were in your teens, you didn't REALLY kick butt on the 6 or 7 yr old that was bugging you. You yelled and walked away. And IF that did not work, you tattled on the kid to the parents, and hoped they would stop the monster. RIGHT??

John Popp

Site Supporter
Ummm, actually I just made the little kids believe there was a possibility of me denting their melon. As long as they knew the possibility existed, they weren't so brazen.

DChap

Site Supporter
With Tojo and Relentless (aka Naya ;)) I can see Tojo getting a little annoyed and then so maybe giving her a little more firm tug at the neck sending Naya running off. But as soon as she plops down he runs and pounces on her! Their romp sessions go on and on back and forth and the only noise made is the thunder of bodies landing on the wood floor and an occasional chirpy squawk from Tojo as his annoyance mounts. Never a hiss or growl yet from either. Naya is silent. I can see Tojo trying to put her in her place but never with real anger. Poor Naya idolizes Tojo and lets him play with all her toys, eat from her food dish and sleep in her favorite spots. She tries to cuddle up to him and he is just not a cuddler. He turns and gives her a little bite then gets up and moves. Im hoping that she eventually shifts her snuggling attempts to me :).

John Popp

Site Supporter
Dino from time to time does a cowardly lion growl which is just silly. It gets even sillier when I stick a finger in his mouth and the growl gets all garbled.