Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitten sprayed

Danger Kitty

Site Supporter
So we have a couple elevated cat perch beds on the wall in our kitchen that a 6’ high with steps. Yesterday our 5.5 month savannah kitten decided to claim it and sprayed up there. Our 6 year old savannah likes to eat his meals on that perch. The kitten is receiving treatment and I can’t have him neutered for about 6 more weeks. I cleaned the mess with enzyme cleaner and threw out the cat bed, just the wooden platform is left on that side. I bought a couple comfort zone multi cat pheromone diffusers. I also have a 2 y/o rescue cat. All 3 cats get along exceptionally well and always have. The kitten (Loki) is very confident, social and playful. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Vito

Site Supporter
That's a bit of a tricky one, I was going to suggest spraying the area with bitter lemon, cats don't seem to like citrus smells and tend to avoid the area which is no good if your 6yr old likes to sit there. So have to agree with Witchy, try giving the stud pants ago. Loki is at the age when spraying normally starts, so once his treatment /meds are finished I'd get him neutered as soon as you can.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think that as others have said, you have a spraying male, it's hormonal driven so you can't as much dissuade him as exist until you can get him neutered. Invest in gallons of a good enzyme cleaner (Bubba's is a good budget choice). Loki is simply a young male asserting himself in his territory.... it sucks but if you can't get him neutered for some weeks, just hope things go smoothly to get him neutered in 6 weeks time?