Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitten Training Techniques

Amanda Morgan

Savannah Teenager
Hello!
I am awaiting our little f5 baby boy, coming home at the first of June! We our so excited and cannot wait for this fun adventure to begin! ;) I have been very interested in starting training very early with my boy, possibly click training with positive reinforcement. We also have hopes of trying to toilet train, so I figure if we start some kind of training early on, it will make things a bit easier if we decide to carry out with the toilet training. I am just curious if anyone has any techniques of their own, things that really worked for you and your cats! Any information would be awesome! Cheers!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome Amanda, and congratulations on your soon to be baby boy :)

I have no experience with clicker training or toilet training (I keep hoping my cats will figure that out on their own, lol), but others on the forum have. Try searching for past threads in the search box above your avatar and name.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics when he arrives!

sweetmelly

Savannah Super Cat
I am very new to this too, so I don't have much info for you. But i wanted to say congrats and good luck!!!!! :)

(And hopefully I will learn a little from the responses too. I wanna train her to play fetch!)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Clicker training works very well...i have used it successfully...no experience with toilet training.

We have lots of threads on both subjects, so you just need you do a search.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Amanda Morgan

Savannah Teenager
Clicker training works very well...i have used it successfully...no experience with toilet training.

We have lots of threads on both subjects, so you just need you do a search.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much! Any advice as to how you started with your click training and how early? I'm looking through the threads and not finding much on the clicker.