Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Lets talk Savannah food

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi Kerry and welcome! I moved your post to the diet/raw food forum.

Does your savannah have fleas? have you taken to the vet? Does he/she wear a collar? What are you feeding?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
LOL Kerry that is quite vague statement about the scratching. More details please. If you've ruled out fleas or allergies, it could be dry skin. My cats eat whole prey which is not very high in fat so I add salmon oil to their diet and it helps with the dry skin.

admin

Paige
Staff member
LOL Kerry that is quite vague statement about the scratching. More details please. If you've ruled out fleas or allergies, it could be dry skin. My cats eat whole prey which is not very high in fat so I add salmon oil to their diet and it helps with the dry skin.

I never thought about that Deborah with whole prey...thanks for sharing.

M

MK Anderson

Not sure about the scratching, he could have allergies... I feed raw here

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
It's not kibble, it's air dried raw and it's a balanced food. You can crumble it over another type of food as an addition to a meal but to feed it exclusively as a meal, it should probably be reconstituted with water. Other than the lack of moisture, the only other issue is the price esp for multi-cat households.

M

MK Anderson

Okay, thanks! I feed raw, but thought this would be good to add