Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loki has FIP?

Danger Kitty

Site Supporter
Hey everybody. Just wanted to give a little update as to Loki’s current condition. Today is day 45 of treatment and he has been handling his shots very well. We give him a treat right after and he’s back to playing within a couple minutes. The fluid in his abdomen has been gone for several weeks and there has been no indication of it coming back. Forty-five days ago he was 3.72 lbs and this morning was 6.45 lbs. He’s now 6 months and one week old so he’s just about where he should be weight wise for a cat of his age and generation. The only issue with his 4week blood work was white blood cell numbers but was most likely due to him previously being on a steroid and antibiotic. Proboost was recommended and hopefully those numbers will be better for his 8 week blood work. The only real issue is he’s not neutered yet and has sprayed several times. Hopefully his next blood work will be even better and I can have him neutered after that. If you were to see him you’d have no clue he has FIP. He’s a little wild man but very cute and sweet. B7F7FB57-16F3-4C22-9069-16D479118770.jpeg

Vito

Site Supporter
Hey everybody. Just wanted to give a little update as to Loki’s current condition. Today is day 45 of treatment and he has been handling his shots very well. We give him a treat right after and he’s back to playing within a couple minutes. The fluid in his abdomen has been gone for several weeks and there has been no indication of it coming back. Forty-five days ago he was 3.72 lbs and this morning was 6.45 lbs. He’s now 6 months and one week old so he’s just about where he should be weight wise for a cat of his age and generation. The only issue with his 4week blood work was white blood cell numbers but was most likely due to him previously being on a steroid and antibiotic. Proboost was recommended and hopefully those numbers will be better for his 8 week blood work. The only real issue is he’s not neutered yet and has sprayed several times. Hopefully his next blood work will be even better and I can have him neutered after that. If you were to see him you’d have no clue he has FIP. He’s a little wild man but very cute and sweet. View attachment 28331
WOW!!!!! that's incredible , the best news I've heard today, so pleased to hear that. What a beautiful photo of the little man, certainly looks like Loki's coming through this ordeal with victory.
It's not often the news you get with FIP, just goes to show that there is hope during this horrible diagnosis. Let's hope he continues to do well. :love:

Danger Kitty

Site Supporter
I read Luna’s story and yes he is receiving the same treatment (I hadn’t previously came across this.) I’ve read extensively about Dr. Pedersen and the years of his life he has dedicated to the treatment of FIP. We’re now on day 51 and really hoping his 8-week blood work on Monday will be spot on. This is all thanks to our hero Dr. Pedersen.