Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Louie Doesn't Know: Mostly Gentle, Sometimes Draws Blood

L

Louie'sDad

I don't really understand your question - I don't 'offer' her any of my parts, but when she start gnawing on me I usually stop her before she gets carried away.
That is a good thing to do, especially if you taste good to her.:rolleyes:

I had a Labrador Retriever, Jessie, whom I trained to hunt with me. There are toys and training aids that encourage and develop "soft mouth", whereby the animal would retrieve the bird by holding it gently in its muzzle, and they worked well for her.

No, there's no danger of Louie harming anyone else but me. He is firmly bonded to me and me alone. He shies away from anyone else except me.

Do you offer any of your more tender parts to Shere Tani to be passionate with?
Do you offer your tender parts to Louie??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

Louie'sDad

Do you offer your tender parts to Louie??

Hah! Only my nose when we head butt each other in the morning.

I'm laughing because when Louie was little.........maybe 3 months or so...............I took him in the shower with me in the effort to see how he tolerated water. He was very well behaved. I didn't know that the water tolerance, being quite high at 3 MO would diminish as he got older. At the time, I posted the event here, and got a funny reply from RascalDad that I shouldn't try this when he gets older, if I valued the family jewels.

Turns out he was right, because although Louie went swimming with me in the ocean in August, he is absolutely incorrigible if water is "presented" to him as a surprise, or before he has a chance to analyze/process/accept it. He will not let me bathe him, or even pour water on him.

I wouldn't chance having him in the shower with me because he would undoubtedly mutilate the low hanging fruit.

I'm not sure where this is going Trish, but our boy Dino is oft offered tender parts lightly sautéed, tossed with parsley and caramelized leeks which he really enjoys.
As long as it's not your particular tender parts, you should be fine.

And hey, I was just quoting someone else!