Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Love At 1st Hug

Ditto Girl 2019

Savannah Super Cat
Hello mutual Savannah cat lovers - am relatively new here. I have a F2 female I named "Ditto". She is going on 16 months and weighs in at 12 lbs. I think she is petite for her breed but already has a belly! Am reading all I can find about these wonderful cats. Her personality is very unique; she is shy at times but then barrels into my senior DSH cat provoking a gallop up and down the halls with him at 4am. Ditto is not motivated by food - more of a grazer throughout the day. Have tried the raw food make it myself from recommended recipe with added supplements. Guess who is eating this ground chicken etc. now? Me - I bake it though and it tastes pretty good to me. I love her antics - very comical at times. She is not interested in the usual cat toys but loves her pom pom balls which she loves to drop into the water bowl. I love reading everyone's stories ~ I have gained so much by reading the threads! My best from Virginia!

Attachments

• Ditto and Pansies 4.2020.jpg
    Ditto and Pansies 4.2020.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 11

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome Virginia and Ditto! You have a real beauty there, and sounds like a true Savannah tri big grin: I look forward to hearing more about her antics!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Welcome! Ditto sounds pretty typical for a female Savannah. Unfortunately everyone seems to expect all F2s to be huge and nobody takes into account the size difference between (1) individual cats and (2) females versus males. 12lbs is just fine for her age and being a female Savannah :)

I would mention that if you want to try her with raw food, a lot of the recommended supplements my own cats won't touch. I had best success with the Mazuri small feline supplement, but also with certain commercial raw formulas. So give a few a try, find a smaller pet boutique type of store and see what they keep...

Vito

Site Supporter
Hello mutual Savannah cat lovers - am relatively new here. I have a F2 female I named "Ditto". She is going on 16 months and weighs in at 12 lbs. I think she is petite for her breed but already has a belly! Am reading all I can find about these wonderful cats. Her personality is very unique; she is shy at times but then barrels into my senior DSH cat provoking a gallop up and down the halls with him at 4am. Ditto is not motivated by food - more of a grazer throughout the day. Have tried the raw food make it myself from recommended recipe with added supplements. Guess who is eating this ground chicken etc. now? Me - I bake it though and it tastes pretty good to me. I love her antics - very comical at times. She is not interested in the usual cat toys but loves her pom pom balls which she loves to drop into the water bowl. I love reading everyone's stories ~ I have gained so much by reading the threads! My best from Virginia!
Welcome to you both, Ditto is a beautiful girl, looking forward to hearing more about her adventures.

Ditto Girl 2019

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome! Ditto sounds pretty typical for a female Savannah. Unfortunately everyone seems to expect all F2s to be huge and nobody takes into account the size difference between (1) individual cats and (2) females versus males. 12lbs is just fine for her age and being a female Savannah :)

I would mention that if you want to try her with raw food, a lot of the recommended supplements my own cats won't touch. I had best success with the Mazuri small feline supplement, but also with certain commercial raw formulas. So give a few a try, find a smaller pet boutique type of store and see what they keep...
Hello BC! I embrace the raw food point of view. I went as far to make my own as there is a woman on YouTube that has recipies and I have the jucier that can grind bones. Ditto is such a model regarding what she eats. Didn't care for the raw and I tried all the recommended attempts of slow introductions - little by little, hand feeding, tough love - No dessert if you don't eat what on your plate! Guess who is eating the ground chicken with bones ground in it along with the assorted supplements? Me! It tastes great cooked in the oven with butter as a baste! I am thinking it is because its chicken. A fellow Savannah owner in my area I just met suggested a company in Virginia called Meatmepetfood.com and they carry raw - assorted meats, venison, rabbit, lamb. The company embraces a holistic approach }organic, humane etc. Will try that next to see how Ditto does. Thank you for your suggestion. ^^