Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Might have been scammed? Has anyone heard of them?

Rissa

Savannah Teenager
I recently purchased a Savannah kitten out of a breeder in North Carolina called AAA Savannahs. Their website is www.AAASavannahs.com. The breeder goes by Paul Beeson. I am questioning this cattery because Mr. Beeson has exhibited some dodgy behavior. I am located in Southern California, so the kitten would have to be shipped(his website says they ship to all 50 states and Canada). He is a F6 male kitten who should be around 10 weeks old by now. The breeder said before he shipped him out, that he would separate him from his littermates and other kittens to get him used to being on his own, and after a week or so he would send him out. Well he said he was going to do this two weeks ago, then said he was too busy, and was going to do it this week, thus making the kitten's arrival time to CA this weekend sometime. I sent an email yesterday asking what the status was, and now Mr. Beeson claims to have injured his back, and wants me to meet him in Atlanta(a 3 day drive btw) to pick up the kitten. He also seems to think I live only an hour and a half away, so maybe he mixed me up with another customer. Anyhow, I sent another email clarifying my location and am waiting on a response. If he doesn't reply by tomorrow I'm going to have to go to paypal to get a refund. Their website says they are TICA registered, but I went to the TICA website and did not see them listed. They are on the TIBCS website(not sure how legit that is). If anyone has any info or insight it would be greatly be appreciated!! THank you.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I don't know anything about this breeder and hope some of the breeders here do and can help you. The links below are from a quick google search. There are always 2 sides to any issue and it could be that this person is going through a rough patch. I would feel concerned if I were in your situation and I think you're on the right track getting a refund if you don't get a response from him that puts you at ease.

http://ca-catbreeders.info/catteryreviews.html

http://www.bbb.org/northwestern-nor...aaa-savannahs-in-pilot-mountain-nc-235956123/

admin

Paige
Staff member
HI Rissa,

Paul's cattery is known to us, so he is not a scammer, as far as I know, but...you are correct that his cattery is not registered with TICA. Unless his cattery is listed under another name.

TICBS is for Bengals, not Savannahs.

I am hoping this is just a mix-up and all will work out. Please let us know what happens.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I don't know anything about this breeder and hope some of the breeders here do and can help you. The links below are from a quick google search. There are always 2 sides to any issue and it could be that this person is going through a rough patch. I would feel concerned if I were in your situation and I think you're on the right track getting a refund if you don't get a response from him that puts you at ease.

http://ca-catbreeders.info/catteryreviews.html

http://www.bbb.org/northwestern-nor...aaa-savannahs-in-pilot-mountain-nc-235956123/

BBBis not a reliable source of anything, IMO...

And that CFA site is just as unreliable...anyone can say anything there, which is why I do not like those types of sites.

Word of mouth and breeder/pet owner recommendations is what I find to be the best indicator.

Rissa

Savannah Teenager
HI Rissa,

Paul's cattery is known to us, so he is not a scammer, as far as I know, but...you are correct that his cattery is not registered with TICA and he does have the TICA logo on his site. Unless his cattery is listed under another name.

TICBS is for Bengals, not Savannahs.

I am hoping this is just a mix-up and all will work out. Please let us know what happens.

Ok well that is some relief, I too am hoping he is just having a rough patch and I'm hoping that he emails me by tonight because I do want the kitten! I'm just a little apprehensive purchasing a kitten that I have not met from a breeder on the other side of the country.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I am hoping the same...you can always check out our breeder directory for future reference - we can vouch for the breeders listed...as can many of the owners who are members here.

Rissa

Savannah Teenager
All righty thanks, if he does not reply and still seems shady then I'll have to look into another breeder and hopefully one that is local so I can physically see the kittens.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Ok well that is some relief, I too am hoping he is just having a rough patch and I'm hoping that he emails me by tonight because I do want the kitten! I'm just a little apprehensive purchasing a kitten that I have not met from a breeder on the other side of the country.
Don't just email, try phoning him too. Sometimes if a person is too busy to sit down at the computer calling them on the phone works better... me I prefer emails but I know some breeders are better with the phone...so try both!