Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Moods

SV Dad

Site Supporter
My two F3 boys have the same parents, just different litters. I am constantly comparing them to find the subtle differences. It's a genetic crapshot, and I should know better. It's like trying to compare my two sons. Even with the same parents they will be different and unique. John Popp is dabbling in size and weight issues over the generations. He might be able to give you a reasonable range.
But it just doesn't matter. The personalities are huge. so...... thinking about number 2 yet?

L

Louie'sDad

My two F3 boys have the same parents, just different litters. I am constantly comparing them to find the subtle differences. It's a genetic crapshot, and I should know better. It's like trying to compare my two sons. Even with the same parents they will be different and unique. John Popp is dabbling in size and weight issues over the generations. He might be able to give you a reasonable range.
But it just doesn't matter. The personalities are huge. so...... thinking about number 2 yet?
John impresses me as a smart dude. When he gets all his data assembled, and the bell curves are graphed for all generations' height at front, height at rear, length and weight, then I'm sure he knows that the only thing meaningful will be the MEANS for each parameter as well as the AVERAGES. That is, of course after spurious data like the highest 5% and lowest 5% are discarded.

Do I think about another SV? Yes. There are 2 things that discourage me:
1: A mate for Louie will steal him from me and I'd no longer have his full attention.
2. Since I've finally reached a comfortable spot with him, after dismantling 1/2 of my house and furnishings, I'm not too keen on starting all over again.

If I ever see any signs of unhappiness in him, then I'd seriously consider getting another. I'd use the same cattery, and next time would go there in person to make my selection. It would, without a doubt be another F1. Louie is as loyal and energetic as Jessie, my black Lab was.

Well that is great to hear! I had a black lab a child (and a yellow lab since I was born) and they were to two most loyal dogs I have ever had. My dad used the yellow lab as a hunting dog as well (not that I would EVER consider using a savannah as one, though the thought does sound quite interesting/ funny) Anyway I loved those two dogs and they were amazing.

Louie looks incredible by the way I just love the ear marking on savannahs and his are so defined.

SV Dad

Site Supporter
There are 2 things that discourage me:
1: A mate for Louie will steal him from me and I'd no longer have his full attention.
2. Since I've finally reached a comfortable spot with him, after dismantling 1/2 of my house and furnishings, I'm not too keen on starting all over again.
I felt the same way with Rascal. And for about a year after Mayhem arrived, I did not have quite the same relationship with him. But it's back to the way it was. Rascal has found his own way to be best of pals. It seems he knows his brother is genetically boisterous. He takes the high road and picks his moments for quality. He owns my wife.
Since you have half the house dismantled, that's about average. For a second you probably won't have to do a thing!

admin

Paige
Staff member
They definitely have moods and when you have an intact female in the house, those moods can be quite a handful to deal with...Ixas and Cinny are very happy these days as they are playing big brother and sister to the three little ones...Zuri runs around after her babies...Cisco is just Cisco and since he is 11 years old, sleeps most of the time. Now Taj is a whole different ball of wax...he is the odd man out...Zuri, Ixas and Cinny are pretty much a family, Cisco is well, Cisco and Taj...well, he hates them all right now...so I spend extra time with him and make sure he gets walked every day, which he loves...

101913-cinny-orion_web.jpg
Cinny & Orion

101913-inara-6_web.jpg
Inara and Ixas

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
I think their energy levels and appetite vary by the day... weather can impact that too. I like that mostly their moods are on the happier side, the only grumpiness is if one of the others is in an extreme type of annoying mood and they have had enough. I love that mine do not bear grudges, even my princess Zari who is dealing with a LOT of veterinary intervention in the last month or two, she remains in a positive and playful mode... even though she detests one of the chemo meds I have to give her twice a day. She'll struggle to escape it but immediately after be hanging around me asking for food or play...
It's really nice that they never hold a grudge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
:) We wondered the same thing, we get worried if Leto doesn't want to eat one day.... but know he makes up for it the next! These past couple cold mornings we get up, he'll join us then crawl in his bag with his blanket and sack out a bit longer. Someone mentioned cloudy days, we thought it funny he didn't seem as active when it was cold and cloudy, but I can't blame him. I would have spent the day on the couch with a blanket myself!!

Leto also have his "Mr. Explorer" days where he has to check every space, ledge and counter again. Just to be certain nothing has changed recently! :confused: