Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

My 'Wild' Kitten, Vivi

D

Dantes

This is what I usually use (used XS on Duma, although as a boy he didn't need it long):

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
Yeah, as soon as I take the cone off for her to eat/bathe, after about 2 mins she is biting at her stitches and I have to put it back on.... I may have to look into the soft one.

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
Sighs... so the incision is looking bad again, not sure what to do. She's had the cone on 24/7, and I have been keeping her in the crate except for when I'm around. Last night before bed it was looking ok, but after being crated all night its a bit bloody and red again. If I don't crate her at night, she's trying to climb on everything and jumping on and off of the bed.

Any suggestions? I really do not want to bring her back to the vet for the 3rd time...

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
I hope all goes well with Vivi. I am sure in the near future she will get past the tough part.

So, have you considered duct-taping her to the wall? :p

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
I stopped in at the vet while running errands and talked to the assistant. She told me to bring her in tomorrow morning if there are no signs of improvement. I'm really worried, b/c they said she had a 'reaction to the sutures', and once again it looks quite swollen/bloody/hard/red. what would the next step be if she can't have the stitches? I would post a pic of her tummy but I don't want to gross you guys out. It's scary! Some of the stitches have definitely popped... I just want her to be ok again :(

Last edited:

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
This is really not normal, VioletFae :-( Have they given Vivi an antibiotic shot of convenia or something? Is she on antibiotics?