Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Need a drink?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I mentioned in another thread where this was discussed that grapes/raisins are toxic to cats & dogs. The toxin in the fruit has not been identified so there is no way to know if fermentation, heating, freezing neutralizes the toxin. Giving this product to your cat could lead to serious health effects.

Trish Allearz

I mentioned in another thread where this was discussed that grapes/raisins are toxic to cats & dogs. The toxin in the fruit has not been identified so there is no way to know if fermentation, heating, freezing neutralizes the toxin. Giving this product to your cat could lead to serious health effects.
Interesting- didn't think about the grapes aspect- hmmm... Wonder what they'd say if you asked the company.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Interesting- didn't think about the grapes aspect- hmmm... Wonder what they'd say if you asked the company.
I'd love to know what testing they did. Probably just like U.S. producers of commercial food for pets -- 30 day trial or less. From what I've read (can't remember if it was a Cornell vet school study or elsewhere), dogs have been known to be able to ingest grapes over a long period of time before their kidneys are kaput and others become ill immediately.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Deb, I'm suspicious the testing was done under the imbibing of their product with the alcohol in it!:eek:
Thanks for the heads up. I will have to warn my wife to keep the kitty noses out of her glass! (Mayhem has been sniffing around my scotch glass at times......o_O)