Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Neuter

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Triton was neutered this morning. Just waiting to pick him up from the vet. Hope all goes well with his healing. He weighed 9.3 lbs. Is this about average for a 6 1/2 month old? Since we opted for Sevo gas and no ketamine, I had to sign a waiver. I was wondering...did anyone else have to sign one, too? I imagine that would be standard practice, right?

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you, Paige! The vet's assistant said he was a very good boy...better than the Bengal and the Manx.:) He's home and roaming around his room just fine. Had to remove the pet cage because he climbed up on it and I don't want him to injure himself. He was grooming around the area, but didn't appear to be disturbing the actual site too much. I'll be so thankful when he has healed up.

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you, Xtine! One hurdle over, now watching to make sure he doesn't bother it. Can't wait to get back to normal...whatever that is! :confused: :roflmao:

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
Triton was neutered this morning. Just waiting to pick him up from the vet. Hope all goes well with his healing. He weighed 9.3 lbs. Is this about average for a 6 1/2 month old? Since we opted for Sevo gas and no ketamine, I had to sign a waiver. I was wondering...did anyone else have to sign one, too? I imagine that would be standard practice, right?

Wishing him well;). Just monitor for any post neuter infection, which really is quite uncommon. I detected this on day2, as Shango had become very lethargic then, loss of appetite and developed a 103F fever (he was fine day1). Shango weighed 9.3 lbs at his time of neutering and dropped to 8.6 lbs during the peak of his neuter infection 2-3 days later. Shango now weighs 11.5 lbs. But weight is not such a good indicator of size and I believe Triton/Shango's litter tend to be pretty lean and lengthy. dj

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks, Scorpius! We'll be vigilant! Everything went so smoothly for my girls; I'm praying the same goes for him, too.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that Triton came through with flying colors! I've never had to sign a waiver for expressing my preference in anesthetic agents.

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Glad to hear that Triton came through with flying colors! I've never had to sign a waiver for expressing my preference in anesthetic agents.
Thank you, Patti! Took Triton his breakfast this morning with his dose of antibiotics in it. He ate it all, thank heaven! The surgical site looked great....no redness or any sign of infection so far. He was very inquisitive over my coffee cup, rubbing his chin around the bottom, and tried to climb up our legs. Getting around just fine. I know day 2 is crucial when it comes to infection, and I'm praying that he makes it through this without incident.

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
That's great to hear. Yeh, I don't know, in Shango's case whether he sat down, pee'd or just licked it to get it infected. The post infection swab that my vet took on day3 or so showed that the bacteria could have been any of that he guessed. But in any event, I think Triton should be right on his way soon. I'll let his bro know for sure! ..dj