Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New baby questions

Treywi

April
Hope this is the right spot...

But I have a few questions. We went to our breeder yesterday to look and talk with her about our options since the first kitten we were to get passed away. We got to see all her Savannah queens and the stud. We really can't go wrong with any of them as they are all beautiful and great personalities. She had a litter of F4s born on 6-3-12 of 3 girls 2 boys. We will be getting one of the 2 boys. She has a gentlemen who may decide to show one of the boys so till that decision is made we won't know which of the 2 boys we will be getting. Both are just adorable.

Now for the questions. :) First being coloring. I noticed the 2 boys are a darker background color then the 3 girls. I know you can't know exactly how they'll turn out, but typically do Savannahs get darker or lighter as they age?

Second question being at what age is a good age for my husband and I to make more frequent visits to bond with our kitten? We live about 5 minutes from our breeder and she has no problem with us coming for frequent visits. Even said if she had an errand to run she'd leave us there and we could lock up when we left. :) Think she knows we'll be over lots. hehe But I don't want to stress out the queen or the babies so thought I'd ask when is a good age for visitors to really handle the babies?

And sorry, in my excitement to go see them I didn't bring my camera in the room with me. I'll see if the breeder will take a few shots of the litter and then I can share. :)

Thanks!

admin

Paige
Staff member
oops...I thought I answered you - so sorry!!! I believe the kittens should have their vaccines before being handled.

Treywi

April
tri big grin: It's ok, I sometimes ask a question then right afterwards start surfing the internet for answers when I really should just wait for people to answer the question. I do that with my hubby probably too much. He's like why did you ask in the first place.

Treywi

April
SV litter.jpg
Here is the litter. Most likely we will be getting the one with his belly showing. hehe
SVboy.jpg
Boy kitten we will most likely be getting.

Of course looking at these photos I really couldn't say who is the darker ones. lol So it'll just be a fun surprise as they get older on coat colors. :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
View attachment 3109
Here is the litter. Most likely we will be getting the one with his belly showing. hehe
View attachment 3110
Boy kitten we will most likely be getting.

Of course looking at these photos I really couldn't say who is the darker ones. lol So it'll just be a fun surprise as they get older on coat colors. :)
Very cute...at that age they are just cute spotted bellies and not much else :) It definitely is fun to see how they develop :)