Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New F1 Owner Few Questions.

Hey everyone i just bought my new F1 male about 3 months ago. I love him he is so crazy cute & cool & i just had a few questions as he does some things no other cat i'v ever seen has done including my other cat which is a bengal. I guess these are all normal acts but wanted to be sure & check myself.

- What does it mean when -

1. He is purring & really happy & he not only digs into the blankets & such but also moves his head back & forth over & over like he is playing the piano.

2. He bites into the blanket softly & other things & like pushes out & leaves spit on the item as well & makes it really wet as he purrs.

3. Any advice on things savannahs love to do or anything? He is a F1 53% serval & he is actuall well behaved not really to bad (aside from demolishing my toilet paper rolls here & there) he is neutered & healthy as well.

His name is Zeus aka ZuZu

thanks!

John Popp

Site Supporter
Sounds like he's just scenting things and feeling pretty comfortable.

Fetch is always a great one and with my boys it didn't really take much if any training, just happened.

They always loved something they could pull the stuffing out of and I'd often take the unrolled toilet paper to re-stuff their largely destroyed rabbit or Alpaca toys.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Those head maneuvers are interesting aren't they? Two of mine (they're F2s) do the "snake head" maneuver when playing and one does this crazy figure 8/circle movement when he first sees me in the morning. The kneading of the blanket, purring, drooling signals that he is happy and comforting himself with his blankie. Gotta love their little eccentricities.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome Hitz101, I would love to see pics of Zuzu! What you are describing is not unheard of, although I think I usually only see these behaviors in the early generation Savannahs, it is a sign of happiness and/or contentment. Gentle biting is part of his show of affection, just don't let him get more aggressive/forceful with his bites.

As for activities, if you have trained him to wear a harness you can consider taking him for walks, depending on your neighborhood (just make sure you have a well fitted harness - I have actually put two on my F1 when walking her). He might also really enjoy playing and splashing in a wading pool or the tub - you can put floating toys in there such as plastic balls for him to bat around.

kabuki

Savannah Super Cat
Sounds like he's just scenting things and feeling pretty comfortable.

Fetch is always a great one and with my boys it didn't really take much if any training, just happened.

They always loved something they could pull the stuffing out of and I'd often take the unrolled toilet paper to re-stuff their largely destroyed rabbit or Alpaca toys.

I was worried too, my little guy looks like a "bobble head" but he's so excited.... I just thought his neurons were synapsing lol

Ms kitty Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info everyone! I figured it was all normal & stuff but just wanted t be sure.

Also i will try to upload some images of him soon on here BUT.

You can see videos & pics of him & my bengal cat on my Instagram if you have one. My name on there is SuperStarO (O as in the letter)

Thanks!

SlugMaster

Site Supporter
My F2 does something similar to your second item. When my armpit has the correct condition, e.g. After doing physical work and a shower. He can completely wet my pit, digging into it with his nose. He goes nuts. Oh well, it makes me laugh and him happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
LOL! They can be drool boxes!! After a good play session there are drool drops all over the floor! I swear most than a dog!!