Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

ambiente18

Site Supporter
Hello.
I'm new here too, ....I think! Just getting back into the game since we got our 1st F2 from Joyce in Oklahoma (the woman who started it all) about 14 yrs ago. Now just got our 3rd, A F2B; LOL. When I got my 1st SV way back they didn't have SV to SV breedings yet, so there were no B's and C's. F3's were the new thing back then. Anyways there's alot of familiar names and catteries here from back then, and alot are no longer active. Looking forward to contributing. Will post pics of our F2B shortly (once I figure out how to do it!).

Rob
I'm a foreigner, so I can only say - thank you for coming to the forum:) . I feel that you know the history of savannah' cats, some interesting details. You were one of the first breeder of savannah's cats. Can I ask you a question about the history of creating savannah's cat? Thank you and sorry for my bad English

ambiente18

Site Supporter
I'm sorry, I should introduce myself - I live in Moscow(Russia) and I have two savannah's female F2B (N and S) and male F5. All my cats from A1 SAVANNAHS (Oklahoma):). I also have the two litters from F2N female and F5 male - kittens - F3C

B

Bravo 6

Thanks Ambiente. The SV breed was supposedly created by accident, a woman had a servil which she raised with a domestic kitten. They mated and the cat was named Savannah after the Servil parent. That may or may not be true but such is the story. As far as breeders, alot will tell you that they started the breed, and there was alot of controversy back then, but most agree that it was Joyce, (now retired) formerly of www.exoticcats.com If you go to that link it will redirect you to A1 Savannahs which has now changed ownership twice since Joyce was involved. I got my 1st two F2's from Joyce and she was the pioneer as far as I'm concerned and a real gem of a person. I won't mention names but it was a real "cat fight" back then with different breeders trying to take credit for what Joyce started. Ahhhhh, memories...LOL. One of my cats from Joyce is still on the A1 website under galleries. You will see him standing next to a girl with his paws on the window sill. That was a long time ago.

ambiente18

Site Supporter
Thanks Ambiente. The SV breed was supposedly created by accident, a woman had a servil which she raised with a domestic kitten. They mated and the cat was named Savannah after the Servil parent. That may or may not be true but such is the story. As far as breeders, alot will tell you that they started the breed, and there was alot of controversy back then, but most agree that it was Joyce, (now retired) formerly of www.exoticcats.com If you go to that link it will redirect you to A1 Savannahs which has now changed ownership twice since Joyce was involved. I got my 1st two F2's from Joyce and she was the pioneer as far as I'm concerned and a real gem of a person. I won't mention names but it was a real "cat fight" back then with different breeders trying to take credit for what Joyce started. Ahhhhh, memories...LOL. One of my cats from Joyce is still on the A1 website under galleries. You will see him standing next to a girl with his paws on the window sill. That was a long time ago.
Thank you very much for the answer! I was very interested to know your assessment and your feelings, when you told the history of the Savannah's cat. Great Thank!. I found a picture of your F2 cat on the website A1 Savannahs. Very big and very beautiful cat! Tell me , please, who was the father of this cat?
I would like to add I will be interesting to read your posts in the future , because I feel you have a wealth knowledge about Savannah's cats.
Best regards

B

Bravo 6

Thank you very much for the answer! I was very interested to know your assessment and your feelings, when you told the history of the Savannah's cat. Great Thank!. I found a picture of your F2 cat on the website A1 Savannahs. Very big and very beautiful cat! Tell me , please, who was the father of this cat?
I would like to add I will be interesting to read your posts in the future , because I feel you have a wealth knowledge about Savannah's cats.
Best regards

Hello Ambiente,
I don't recall the parents of my cat that you see on the A1 SV site, that was along time ago when I got him (about 15 yrs ago) and his parents are no longer with us. My new F2B should be even larger as I have been waiting for this breeding for a long time, His F1 mother is the largest F1 I have ever seen and you would not believe me if I told you her weight, her father (no longer with us) is one of the 2 largest Servils that I know of used in captive breeding. Genetics can be a strange thing but I believe the chances are good that this current F2B boy that I have will be a very large cat; the biggest SV's to date have been F2 males. Even larger than F1 males, not always, but the largest so far; odd, as one would think a F1 male would be the largest (and often times F1's are). Please show us pics of your Cats! Also, how do they do in the weather there in Russia?

Kind Regards.

ambiente18

Site Supporter
Hello Ambiente,
I don't recall the parents of my cat that you see on the A1 SV site, that was along time ago when I got him (about 15 yrs ago) and his parents are no longer with us. My new F2B should be even larger as I have been waiting for this breeding for a long time, His F1 mother is the largest F1 I have ever seen and you would not believe me if I told you her weight, her father (no longer with us) is one of the 2 largest Servils that I know of used in captive breeding. Genetics can be a strange thing but I believe the chances are good that this current F2B boy that I have will be a very large cat; the biggest SV's to date have been F2 males. Even larger than F1 males, not always, but the largest so far; odd, as one would think a F1 male would be the largest (and often times F1's are). Please show us pics of your Cats! Also, how do they do in the weather there in Russia?

Kind Regards.
Thanks a lot for your response! Very interesting for me. I hope ( I sure) that your F2B boy will be very very large:up: !
About my Cats - yes, the weahter is not comfortable for SV, very cold, most part of the year:(. They live in the apartment not far from the center of Moscow, twist a cat wheel, run, play...:) They never walked on the street and only look out of the window:(, but I love them so match (more than my life) and I hope it is good for them to live with me:). You may see the pics of my cat here - User Albums - "my favorite Ambiente," " My female F2 Diamond" and " my favorit Dazzle - first month in Moscow".
If is interesting for you I may write about Sv in Russia.
Kind regards

B

Bravo 6

Wow, Beautiful Albums and very nice cats. That's quite an entourage you have there! An F2, F3 and a F5. I bet there's Never a dull moment in your apartment. Do you have guests over to visit? If so it must be really something with all those SV cats jumping around. :) I'm certainly interested in how you take care of SV's in Russia (I'm sure we all are!). For example what do you feed them over there? What type of cat litter do you use? Do you ever take them outside? (weather permitting of course) Are SV cats common in Russia or is it a "new thing" there. Are Russian pet shops selling SV cats or do they all come from the U.S.?

Kind Regards,

Rob