Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Oranges

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
My kids love oranges, so I am constantly peeling them amd winding up with orange oil on my hands.

This makes Mango crazy. She's been fixed forever, but it's almost like the scent is a pheromone to her. She can't stay away and muzzles like crazy.

However, she won't go near the fruit itself, only the scent on hands.

Anyone else? Or other scents that lead to this reaction? I think it's adorable

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

admin

Paige
Staff member
Mine go crazy over anything mint...from lotion to real mint to icy hot...they are soo crazy LOL!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
None of mine like the smell of any kind of citrus fruit. I sometimes use the rinds to keep them away from things. They are, like Paige's cats, crazy about mint. I have to barricade myself in the bathroom to brush teeth & use mouthwash and then I have 3 cats who try to stick their heads in my mouth to inhale those minty fumes:big grin:

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
How funny! I'll have to test the mint, though I've had no pro let with teeth brushing to date. I may make a video of the orange thing. It's video worthy

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

DChap

Site Supporter
That is funny! Tojo doesn't like anything citrus or mint! I've been known to wave around an open bottle of mint essential oil when he's being really pesky about something forbidden ;)

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
None of mine like the smell of any kind of citrus fruit. I sometimes use the rinds to keep them away from things. They are, like Paige's cats, crazy about mint. I have to barricade myself in the bathroom to brush teeth & use mouthwash and then I have 3 cats who try to stick their heads in my mouth to inhale those minty fumes:big grin:
Nyah and Kovu were drooling and purring over Ry's stinky tennis shoes she was wearing running around the barn.

(new trick, let almost 3 year old loose in the indoor with jumps set low. They run around and jump the fences for a solid hour and can't escape because they can't work the gate latch! Disclaimer: it is not recommend you do this while people are riding in the ring)

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
My domestic short hair, my Bengal mix and now my Lynx point Siamese love to play with corn husks. When I bring corn on the cob home from either the farm or the store, Mischief will go to the refrigerator and meow until I get it out and husk it.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Rafiki hates citrus and loves any kind of mint and Old Spice deodorant. We have to keep our toothbrushes covered or she will either chew or run off with them. She also loves trying to lick Steve's armpits. He is not so crazy about these special little bonding moments! Rafiki will even lick towels if Steve's pits have been near them. Little freak!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Yup, a couple of my cats are mint fanatics as well - I usually have starlight mints around and they will inevitably steal them if they are left out and within reach. Have also had toothbrush thieves as well, although not recently....