Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Outdoor Enclosure

whitekickboxing

Savannah Super Cat
As others have said, you can find lots of plans for outdoor enclosures online, from pre-constructed set-ups, to creating one using pre-made panels, to doing everything from scratch. If you are able to, I would recommend butting it up to a door/patio door and install a doggie door as well, that way the kitty can come and goes at will and won't drive you crazy with constantly asking to go out, then come back in, then go out, then come back in, then go out, then come back in.... you get the gist...
We probably can't do the kitty door, but that's a great idea, with we could. But there are so many good ideas and links here, I'll be able to find something that's a ''no-brainer' for my hubby!! Thanks!

Rafiki

Site Supporter
No one can beat Carl's enclosure ..... but here is some info on our catio.
We bought a 12' l x 8' w x 7' h enclosure from C&D pet products. It attaches to the house and we access it via the French doors to the master bedroom. It is made from redwood and has 2"x3" mesh. It has shade cloth on the top and we added ramps, tunnels and lots of shelves. We love it! We also have a small table and 2 chairs out there. We go out there with them to have coffee in the morning and wine at night. I will try to locate some pics on the iPad to upload. We live in Southern California so flying bugs are really not an issue. The cats have access to the catio pretty much whenever someone is home.
https://www.cdpets.com/Products_Detail.php?ProductID=5