Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Over vaccinating?

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
I took both of my kitties to the vet last Friday (3/7) and they both got rabies shots. I told the vet I really didn't think Charlotte was due yet but according to her records from my previous vet she was.. Well I should have trusted my gut because while packing I found her rabies certificate for getting it on 12/23/13. Will her getting it again less than 3 months after hurt her? I'm calling the vet first thing in the morning but I figured some of y'all would know and hopefully put my mind at ease.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
No, it won't hurt her although she didn't need it... it's only if it is within 2 weeks that you 'd worry too much...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't think it will hurt her, but you should ask for a reimbursement from your vet for being such a dingbat!!

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
I will be calling the precious vet to see what their records say. I looked at them and saw she was due so I'm thinking they didn't enter it into the computer.. I'm glad she isn't going to be hurt but it's still aggravating!