Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Philadelphia savannah cat owner

M

MK Anderson

So, my daughter WAS allergic to cats.... Chloe showed up on our door 6 1/2 yrs ago. We took her in and my oldest daughter started sneezing and a few other system(cant remember). I took her to an allergist and she register allergic, but a low scoring. He told me DO NOT get rid of your cat, she will most likely become immunity and help her grow out of it... He gave her a prescription and gave us a plan on taking it... I think it was take it for 6weeks and start cutting back, till she was off of it... He even told us to go head and get more cats(so happy to hear that) and we did. We follow the plan and she has been fine ever since! When the other 2 cats came into the house She had no reaction at all, yay.
You really cant just go be around other cats to figure it out, not even in a 24hour period or longer..... I recommend finding out what his score is and consulting a allergist.... Our allergist said unless your throat is closing up people use it as an excuse and getting rid of their cats...that was not a going to happen to a cat that was already dumped! It was really not a opposition unless her throat was closing....She is off all allergy meds for the cats now.

Katniss

And her brother Crazy !
My girlfriends son is allergic to cats and he has to take benadryl to come to my house. We tried once without meds and he totally had an allergic reaction. Sorry.. Katniss has the soft silky fur which does not shed much, but Crazy has the coarser fur and he does have hairs flying all over the place! barefoot

Pebbles1969

Savannah Super Cat
We are in NJ.
Depending on what part of Philadelphia you are in, you are between 1 hour and 1.5 hours from us.
We have three SVs, an F3 boy, an F4 boy, and an F5 boy.
I am allergic. We did not know that when we brought them home. I am less alergic to F5 D than I am to our other two boys. I am most alergic to our F4 boy, Mickey, the little guy in my avitar.
Our F4 and F5 boys get baths every other week, and we have hard wood floors, and we have a dyson, but I still wake up most mornings with angry red eyes and a bad stuffy nose. Are they worth it? Yes. But each cat is different. We got our F4 boy and our F3 boy thinking I would not be very allergic because I am not very allergic to D, our F5 boy. Bad assumption on our parts. Had I known I would react to both of them, I can't say for sure that we would have gotten them. And I spent large amounts of time around cats previously, including housesitting for friends with cats.
Just want to say hi neighbor.......I'm in PA