Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Please help!

Atari's Mommy

Savannah Adult
Thank you all for the tips! I bought a bunch of diff types of wet food in diff flavors, so ill find out what he likes. It is ok to switch up the brands of wet food right?

I cant believe you guys have kittens from there too! :^D That is so cool!!! And so great to be able to speak to one another. Im so glad I joined. So Atari is the kitten of Gibson and Sicily. I LOVE Commando!!!! He is my favorite stud...along with Kolossal. Hope your kittys are getting as big as him.

So last night, atari was making a weird noise and I thought he was eating something but when I looked I saw his bottom k9 tooth was hanging with a little blood. So I called a 24 hr hospital to see if I should pull it out cuz I was afraid it wud hurt him if he swallowed it. She started talking about abscesses and stuff so I brought him in. He lost his 1st baby tooth lol. Better to be safe than sorry. But it also gave me an opportunity to ask some questions.

He is 7.8 pounds and temp was good. But he confirmed the concern of my vet which is he does have a murmur :*( so if it is still present at 6 months I need to have some tests done. What does this mean for his future. I don't know much of murmurs in cats. Anyone have experience with this?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
JP's Chongo I hear is rather big, but my boys are around 12 pounds. Doesn't matter. It's the personality that's huge!
It should be ok to mix foods. Pay attention in case the cat reacts poorly so you don't repeat the same type again.
You were fortunate to find a baby tooth. There are some threads on this site addressing that. If the cat is bouncing around like usual, chances are good the problem isn't serious.
Don't know much about the murmur, maybe one of the breeders does.
This site has a lot of threads to help the new servants (owners). Use the search function. There is a vast amount of experience on the boards and as you can tell, post a thread and you will probably get quite a few response in short order.
(And post pictures! We love pictures!)

Last edited:

Treywi

April
I cant believe you guys have kittens from there too! :^D That is so cool!!! And so great to be able to speak to one another. Im so glad I joined. So Atari is the kitten of Gibson and Sicily. I LOVE Commando!!!! He is my favorite stud...along with Kolossal. Hope your kittys are getting as big as him.

My Triton's grandparents are from SE. My hubby wouldn't buy the 5 generation pedigree so not sure past the grandparents. But his mom's sire is Commando and dam is Fuschia, and his dad's sire is Fuzion and dam is Luminous. I've seen Commando and Fuzion photo on their site, but not the dams. Just neat to see what all the past relatives looked like. :)

Atari's Mommy

Savannah Adult
Really Rascaldad, only 12 lbs? How old and what generation? Im really hoping my boy gets big. His personality is really great but the reason I paid all that $ was for a big beautiful kitty as well. I posted some pics earlier in my album. Still figuring this site out since my tablet broke and im using my phone lol. Hope they uploaded. I will def search for more on mumurs.