Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Possible new Savannah Bengal Mix

Darcy J

Savannah Adult
i have a question. I have 2 domestics and an F4 Savannah. She is highly energetic and gets bored easily. My other two just look at her and once in awhile play with her. She scratches at windows, mirrors, and our big tv. I found a F5 Savannah /Bengal mix kitten for her. Is that what she needs, a companion with the same energy? I play with her as much as possible but doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions please.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think getting your Savannah (name and pictures please!) a companion could definitely be beneficial. Most active cats respond positively to having another active cat in their lives. Just remember, double the activity, double the mischief. Be sure you have plenty of activities for them to participate in such as Savannah-proof toys, cat trees, and if possible a cat wheel.

Darcy J

Savannah Adult
I think getting your Savannah (name and pictures please!) a companion could definitely be beneficial. Most active cats respond positively to having another active cat in their lives. Just remember, double the activity, double the mischief. Be sure you have plenty of activities for them to participate in such as Savannah-proof toys, cat trees, and if possible a cat wheel.

Darcy J

Savannah Adult
Her name is Xayla she's is 5yrs old They have 2 cat trees, scratchers, a one fast cat wheel, tons of toys and I live in Florida with a 20x50 screen enclosure. I just feel my 9 yr old Max and 5yr old Kloey both domestic just aren't active enough for her. They kitten is a 4 yr old male. Is that a good idea??

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It may or may not work. It might be wonderful giving your Savannah a similar energy companion. Just be aware that the more cats you add to a household the more possibility of issues arising. They don't always divide into the groups you want, the docile ones together and the energetic ones together...sometimes the energetic one finds playing "squeak the kitty" more fun than playing with a kitty that doesn't overreact to their attention.

Darcy J

Savannah Adult
It may or may not work. It might be wonderful giving your Savannah a similar energy companion. Just be aware that the more cats you add to a household the more possibility of issues arising. They don't always divide into the groups you want, the docile ones together and the energetic ones together...sometimes the energetic one finds playing "squeak the kitty" more fun than playing with a kitty that doesn't overreact to their attention.

Thank you

Darcy J

Savannah Adult
I just thought since she gets bored easily (or so I am assuming do to the constant scratching at my mirrors and Windows and sometimes our large tv that I have to cover.) I play with her as much as possible and sometimes she looks at me like " What are you doing, I'm not interested ". There are times my black cat and her chase each other, which is what she enjoys, but the Kloey gets tired quickly. Lol. So I'm at a loss on if I should get one or not. I mean 4 cats. My hubby is not keen on the 3. Lol