Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Pricing of Savannah cat gender

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Because they are priced by the pound and females are smaller. ;)

I thought that depended on the generation and potential for breeding with males being slightly less at the earlier generations as all they can be are pets, where females who are typey command more. In later generations, males may be more expensive if they have potential to go to work as a stud.

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
Because they are priced by the pound and females are smaller. ;)

I thought that depended on the generation and potential for breeding with males being slightly less at the earlier generations as all they can be are pets, where females who are typey command more. In later generations, males may be more expensive if they have potential to go to work as a stud.
Breeding pricing is usually not posted. The list are general pet pricing. So for argument sake you have 2 BST f6sbt pet price one boy and one girl. Girls seem
To be priced a few hundred less. Is this because males are higher in demand?

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I honestly don't know. I am sure some of the breeders here may be able to give insight into their price structure.

Trish Allearz

I don't have different prices for my f6 babies, but I do price my male f2 kittens more than my girls. A lot of people want size and males have it more than girls at any gen.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Melody Waara

Spotlight Savannahs
We definitely price according to type and development. Our boys tend to be a bit higher than our girls because my queen produces good looking girls, but great looking boys. As the others stated, it's up to the breeder what they feel the kitten is worth and their policies/ethics. To each their own! :)

Trish Allearz

We definitely price according to type and development. Our boys tend to be a bit higher than our girls because my queen produces good looking girls, but great looking boys. As the others stated, it's up to the breeder what they feel the kitten is worth and their policies/ethics. To each their own! :)
Yeah, that's something else- the boys with their more masculine features often just capture that type we really want out of the breed. I'm not sure why that is though. The girls are always, always gorgeous, but there more feminine features sometimes seem a little less typey. Maybe I'm crazy :)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Angie, I don't price them any less...I price according to type mainly...doesn't matter if they are boys or girls...