Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

RAW MILK Farmer in PA Busted

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hmmm...I always thought it was pasteurization so I'm not sure now...although all my reading and research talks about pasteurization, not homogenization...but raw is raw...I have never, ever been sick from raw milk.

Per Lausund

Staff member
I was in a group working on filtration of small particles in the gut about 25 years ago, and one of the things studied was the fate of small fat particles, the kind you get in homogenized milk. These tiny fat droplets actually protected milk protein from the digestive enzymes and carried them undigested accross the gut wall into the body. This exposes the immune system to a protein that should have been denatured/digested/split in small parts in the gut, that the body does not like: you get an immunological reaction to a foreign protein, and that is called an allergy...

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
Wow I had no idea that there were so many people that drank raw! I don't drink milk at all but if I do, I prefer soy milk.

Per Lausund

Staff member
Can I ask you how you feel about Ultra-pasteurized milk?

It's getting harder and harder to even find just regular pasteurized milk these days.
That´s the UHT stuff, doesn´t need cooling and is pressure-cooked and IMHO tastes burned. That temperature will denature proteins, someting you get very little of at normal pasteurization temps. But UHT milk doesn´t need cooling before opening, so someone saves money...
:(