Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Retained Kitten Teeth

It looks like my Savannah has retained his kitten teeth on his upper canines. He just turned six months old.

He doesn't have any problems eating but I am going to call my vet and schedule an appointment to get it checked out.

But I was wondering if anyone has experienced this type of thing in a Savannah ??

Your comments and experiences will be greatly appreciated !

Radar's Mom !

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Rafiki had a double set of fangs top and bottom for a couple of weeks. Baby teeth eventually fell out and all is good.

Thanks for sharing that with me ... it makes me feel better.

I also called my vet and she said the same thing you did.

But she also said that if they haven't fallen out by the time Radar is a year old that she would need to intervene ... I hope it doesn't come to that !

I have the very first baby tooth Radar lost ... yeah, I saved it ... just like I did with my son LOL

Trishy

Site Supporter
Smooch had double fangs as well and the baby teeth fell out quick enough. I was able to find 4 teeth. The last one was a molar and I put it on the table for a moment and Leo jumped up and ate it before I could stop him. I suspect that's where the rest of them went.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
They just don't understand the concept of the tooth fairy.....of course, they do not have much use for money.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It's actually pretty common for them to have a double set of teeth as the adult teeth grow in but the baby teeth cling to their owner ;) I agree with the others - unless they are still there at a year old, no need to worry.