Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Canin- huh?!

Diane & Zeus

Savannah Adult
proplan has corn, by products, wheat, soy, etc I agree Royal Cainn has poor ingredients too. I'm currently using Natural Balance Duck and Pea, thinking of changing (again) to something with higher protein. it is a great price point and why I changed to it from nature's variety once I added another cat. I work in a pet store and its all confusing for me too sometimes on what is best. I would recommend Fromm, Nature's variety, natural balance, now, ... I'm considering Orijen since my guy had allergies so trying to stick to alt protein sources.

Lesley

Site Supporter
We use Natures instinct limited ingredient rabbit kibble, and the primal raw freeze dried turkey, nature's instinct limited ingredient duck wet.

Diane & Zeus

Savannah Adult
my guy won't touch raw or canned so trying to figure out the best dry for him. going to try orijen and switch between six fish and regional to vary the protein sources. he gets a bit lazy and gains weight so maybe high protein and fat is the way to go.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Is Zeus at all interested in cooked meat? So saying that, I fully believe that we can make all the choices we want on diet but we have to compromise with what they WILL eat!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm currently using Natural Balance Duck and Pea, thinking of changing (again) to something with higher protein.
I find sometimes that higher protein diets give my cats loose stools, not sure why - it's like the diet is too rich for them.