Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Rules of the Forum

admin

Paige
Staff member
We have had some pretty heated discussions here in the last couple of days, which led to one banned member. The mods and I have the right to lock threads when we see fit and we do not have to put up with abuse from any member here, whether a donation has been made or not.

I cannot believe this message is even necessary...I received a disgusting email from that banned member this morning and from this point forth, any member who berates anyone here, who cannot accept the rules of the forum and who is rude and argumentative will be banned permanently.

We do not mind healthy arguments or discussions, but last night got way out of hand and I apologize to all our members for not getting it under control sooner...it will not happen again!

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
Dunno what happened but you sure did the right thing.
I like how clean and well behaved the forum here is.
On another cat forum i'm on, heated discussions and criticizing each other goes on daily.
I like this place so much more !

Trish Allearz

Dunno what happened but you sure did the right thing.
I like how clean and well behaved the forum here is.
On another cat forum i'm on, heated discussions and criticizing each other goes on daily.
I like this place so much more !
Heated discussions are welcomes- but there has to be a line drawn at some point :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
When a discussion degenerates, then it is no longer helping anyone. This forum is to help people learn more about Savannahs, and problem-solve if necessary too. Moderators are necessary to keep things calm and to encourage good behavior. It's no fun to read threads when they are full of sniping comments and antagonism. It's not at all constructive and it is a waste of everyone's time.

Unfortunately, little contretemps happen...like yesterday. And it is sad that when some people get frustrated then they get abusive. Paige was right to take action and hopefully we will move on happily now :)

Hericane

Spencer
I appreciate this forum because it's a caring, intelligent community that wants to help. I am on other forums for my APBT and everyone seems to attack each other so I mostly just observe in silence afraid of being attacked if I asked a "stupid" question.

Thank you Paige for taking the actions necessary to maintain the integrity of this community.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I appreciate this forum because it's a caring, intelligent community that wants to help. I am on other forums for my APBT and everyone seems to attack each other so I mostly just observe in silence afraid of being attacked if I asked a "stupid" question.

Thank you Paige for taking the actions necessary to maintain the integrity of this community.

You are quite welcome!

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I am sorry, Paige, that someone felt entitled to be abusive to you by email. Incredibly childish behavior. This site has been informative, supportive and friendly. You guys are doing an incredible job and I appreciate it very much.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I am sorry, Paige, that someone felt entitled to be abusive to you by email. Incredibly childish behavior. This site has been informative, supportive and friendly. You guys are doing an incredible job and I appreciate it very much.

Thank you so much Becki! I am so glad you enjoy the forum!

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
Paige it is sad that you had were treated that way for keeping the peace. My brother was on my account in the last few nights just looking around and found that specific locked thread. After 10 seconds of reading it was enough for me. I'm glad everything has been handled.