Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah Size

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Our F4 Boy is about 11 months, and right around 10.5 pounds. He was growing FAST until December, and then we ran into a very bad two months. He was vomiting almost every other day, barely eating, his coat was brittle, his eyes were not as bright, and he was not himself. He got down to about 7 pounds. I was scared to death.
I was at my wits end (and spending money like crazy with the vet) when we made two important changes: 1. I tried a new food for he and the other boys, and
2. I changed my dish detergent.
I am not sure if it was the residue from the detergent, or the food, but it cleared itself up.
The vet isn't sure either. We did several rounds of Xrays, anti-nausea injections bi-weekly to three times per week, and test after test after test. We never got a firm diagnosis.
He is never going to be a big cat, he is much shorter than our other two boys, but he is healthy again and back to his old self, and that is all I care about.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Guess you'll avoid that dish detergent no matter what, and the food that you were feeding before. I agree, you likely won't ever know but just thankful he's doing well now :)