Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

sbt kitten versus the average cat

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I heard about that big scam and how bloodwork showed that they were realt Savannah's. people aren't still falling for that are they?

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Wow you would think with the Internet people wouldn't fall for it but what was that saying regarding fools with money? Yea whatever that quote was it applies here lol

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
well considering how I work in sales as a career there are some people who sign up with anything they jump the gun before thinking. I probably talk more people out of sales than who I actually sell( I guess that makes me a horrible salesman lol) but I am surprised how many people try to buy the more expensive Internet From me even though it is slower. they think price equals value. And it's not always the case.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I want Sebastian from spiderwebs I have that tingly feeling about it lol. I looked over the contract yesterday just waiting for a chance to talk to Anatole. And I wanna hear the final word if I am doing the Appalachian trail this year or not before I commit. Although I would love to take Sebastian with me. I don't want to subject a new cat to that hard of work not knowing if they could handle it. Two very big things to wait on to make my final decision

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Just be aware of your import laws - you will need to go through customs and have a US Fish and Wildlife inspection. Anatole knows all this, but make sure you have a five generation pedigree, a health certificate, and a commercial invoice.

This is a list of the US Fish and Wildlife Designated Ports (for inspection):
http://www.fws.gov/le/designated-ports.html

and where you need to file a request for inspection:
https://edecs.fws.gov/

Anatole may take care of all this for you, but just in case...

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you I had asked what was needed or involved for me to get a pet across the border, I haven't heard from him since yesterday. I'm getting anxious lol

Patti

Admin
Staff member
You're very welcome! I haven't imported for a long time, but have exported several times over the years. The requirements can be different for different countries, but with the US some things are always the same...