Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scam likely: Gracelandsavannahcats

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think at the end of the day, when a kitten that normally is priced at $10-15,000 is priced at $900, it's just not likely to be legit. Even an F2 at $800 is not even close to reasonable. If a breeder was tempted to have a "sale" (and really they are not shoes or clothes, good breeders do not have regular anniversary sales) they might take $500-1000 off. That isn't meant as a criticism for Therrm but as a general comment for others to read when they attempt to research this scammer's name.

No reputable breeder uses Walmart money transfer any more than Western Union.

It does seem that these people were pretty good. The address does Google to an actual house (which differs from some other scammers). In terms of what you simply could ask to be more sure. When at the point that you've agreed to send money, you could simply ask for updated pics of the kittens. It's easy enough for these scammers to steal some pictures but I wonder if they remember where they copied them from to be able to source updated pics of the same kitten? Did you ask for pics of both parents? Pedigree information? I know it is for a pet, but I think that kind of question might be more likely to stump a scammer, or lead them to make a mistake. I'm a believer in asking lots of questions, if a breeder won't take the time to answer them...

piffle

Savannah Teenager
Yes, I asked for more pictures and the address. I never received either. The person I talked to answered questions very hesitantly and was fumbling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

piffle

Savannah Teenager
They used Dale Martin from Denville New Jersey and Alexander Carney as names for the Walmart money transfer. Seemed odd but they said their card processed wasn’t working and we were re assured by the lady we emailed that she was apprehensive as well but received her kitten. They sent additional pictures when we requested and all their pictures of kittens had the same toys/items in the background. They used the address 84 N Shore rd Denville, NJ. Maybe my wife and I were naive or maybe we were just blinded by falling in love with the kitten we selected. At the end of the day losing the $800 isn’t ideal but won’t break us, the bigger heartbreak is being excited and preparing for a new kitten that as weird as it seems we had already bonded with in our minds. It takes a horrible person to run a scam like this and I don’t think they understand or consider the pain they bring people.
The name he gave me on the phone was Chris.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk