Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Second storey balcony

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I hope that stays the case! With such statements I tend to add a "yet" as tomorrow they might be feeling adventurous!

Medelweiss

Savannah Child
Actually its been 6 months or so that my cats are freely going on the balcony. This was an accident, kids left the balcony door open twice and noticed they did not jump off or fall off it. Scary but this was faith. I just want to put this out there that
my savannahs are not wild and reckless and are ok on a balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Yeah, well, just wait until a chimpmunk strolls by. Here comes the AIR FORCE! Wham!
(I'll bet a hundred bucks that's what got Rascal and Mayhem out the window! I got a picture off the security camera of Rascal's butt on the roll out to attack!)

Medelweiss

Savannah Child
No squirrels can get or go near me, but she did catch a baby bird last month. They are careful guess since we have an indoor balcony and once fallen never more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
I'd still be a little paranoid. It seems like all savannahs are wild & reckless at one point or another... Just a matter of time. Shango is great outside, doesn't need to be on a leash... Unless the right critter catches his attention. Then I'm thankful he is always on a leash/harness because his tunnel vision goes into effect and he tries to yank my off arm catching whatever he sets his sight on. I prefer to be better safe than sorry. You wouldn't let a baby play alone on a balcony so personally I don't think you should allow fur babies either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
It seems like all savannahs are wild & reckless at one point or another..
You got a point here. Out of the blue, every now and then, they just up and lose their sh*t and have a savannah moment. There are postings all over these forums of examples!:eek:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
That's not necessarily a Savannah trait - I have Highlanders who definitely have a wild and crazy streak that comes out from time to time...

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
That's not necessarily a Savannah trait - I have Highlanders who definitely have a wild and crazy streak that comes out from time to time...
Definitely just an animal trait in general. Even years ago I had a yorkie puppy who would get a wild hair up his butt every once in a while. Our fur babies definitely know how to keep us on our toes :LOL:

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I had a Himy cat that HATED the great outdoors but loved the balcony. We left her out there by herself for about a 1/2 hour. Not sure what happened, probably a bird flew by. She jumped from the 3rd story. Fortunately she was not hurt and we found her.