Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Singing zoo visitor hops barrier to feed lions cookies

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
MEMPHIS, TN -
(WMC) - Visitors contacted Memphis Zoo security when a woman jumped the barrier into the lions' enclosure to feed them cookies.

"Last week she was noticed by our security staff throwing objects into the lion exhibit; at that time she was asked to leave the zoo," Memphis Zoo spokesperson Abbey Dane said.

Her second incident, hopping the fence and then singing to the animals, was this woman's second incident. After the barrier, the only thing that separates a patron from the lions is wire.

"[She was singing] some song that was telling how much she missed them. It was bizarre," witness Michelle Beasley. "I've never seen someone singing to a lion. It was really loud."

Dane said the woman was trying to feed the lions cookies in both instances.

"She was coming back, and she crawled up on it again and was leaning forward," Beasley said.

The woman was caught because someone called the zoo's hotline number for help. The woman's behavior was dangerous for her and the lions.

"She was asked to leave the zoo permanently. She will not be granted access to the zoo anymore," Dane said.

Employees have her photo in case she shows up again.

See the full news and video here: http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...-barrier-to-feed-lions-cookies?autostart=true

------------------------

Was Kristin down here in Memphis?? She likes big cats...

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Yup, that was me. I sing to my animals all the time...the lions looked emaciated to me, so I thought it would be brilliant to give them cookies. Now that it is everywhere, I won't be able to do this at the Toronto Zoo! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Yup, that was me. I sing to my animals all the time...the lions looked emaciated to me, so I thought it would be brilliant to give them cookies. Now that it is everywhere, I won't be able to do this at the Toronto Zoo! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

You should have told me you were coming down here... It would have made great video for the Internet... Sorry you got banned.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Poor woman is obviously mentally ill. I'm glad she was stopped before a tragedy occurred...I do hope she is able to obtain help.

On a lighter note...the "boys" suggesting this was Kristin, and her snappy and perfect comebacks made me laugh!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Poor woman is obviously mentally ill. I'm glad she was stopped before a tragedy occurred...I do hope she is able to obtain help.

On a lighter note...the "boys" suggesting this was Kristin, and her snappy and perfect comebacks made me laugh!

Well you know us guys, and well.. Kristin does like the big kitties :) Just too good of a target!