Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

SoCal'ers Anyone Going?

ScottKelly911

Savannah Super Cat
Just curious if anyone is going to the Santa Monica Cat Show at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium held on August 25-26th? Either to show or as a spectator? I'm thinking about going as a spectator and bringing Shelby along just for fun to see all the other kitties out there. I'm hoping to run into a few SV's of all different Generations too! Here's the info on times and entries http://www.zvents.com/santa_monica_ca/events/show/242883864-santa-monica-cat-show

ScottKelly911

Savannah Super Cat
Ohhh, so CFA doesn't recognize the Savannah as a championship breed yet, only TICA? Well that's kind of disappointing as I was hoping to meet other SV owners there. Hmm...now I don't know if I really want to go lol I guess I'll have to look for a TICA show soon then!!! Thanks for the heads up Patti and Jacq, you guys saved me from some disappointment and some time :)

Kristine

Just curious if anyone is going to the Santa Monica Cat Show at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium held on August 25-26th? Either to show or as a spectator? I'm thinking about going as a spectator and bringing Shelby along just for fun to see all the other kitties out there. I'm hoping to run into a few SV's of all different Generations too! Here's the info on times and entries http://www.zvents.com/santa_monica_ca/events/show/242883864-santa-monica-cat-show
This is a huge show and fun to go to for toys and cat products, but no Savannahs or Bengals, CFA does not recognize them. If you are local though you might go just to visit the vendors and see all the cool cat products.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Yes, as everyone has said... no Savannahs (nor Bengals or Chausies) at CFA shows...they are scared of these "wild and dangerous" kitties, silly people! But as Kristine says, you can go to find great cat toys and cat beds etc...

Just know though that as a spectator you can't rock up there with your kitty in tow, I think you said you were thinking of bringing Shelby to see the other kitties? Not allowed at either CFA or TICA shows. All cats in the show hall need to be entered (for the rings or as exhibition only) and in the benching cages, not wandering the aisles.