Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Something Interesting Happened with Elsa and a new Stuff Animal? Totally unexpected!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
A Couple of days ago, Elsa started getting real agitated and down right mean at bed time when I would put her to bed... She has never ever done that before, so I started doing some research on what it could possible be! Just as soon as I would lay her in her spot she would go off Growling and even try to scratch to get away. This really had me perplexed.

1.) I figured maybe a scent got in the area that she did not like ( I could smell anything, but that is nothing new), so I washer her blankets that she sleeps on... No Help!

2.) I washed all the Bed Sheets the next day including the top cover... everything, nothing was left out... Still the same thing, she would get incredibly upset anytime I take her in the bedroom and she would literally claw her way out.

3.) at that point I really got to wondering what had changed... I looked the room over in exacting detail and remembered that I bought a stuffed cat that looked exactly like the one I had as a young child. I had it sitting on top of the bed.. As an experiment, I moved it totally out of the room and put it in a glass case... Now! Elsa is back to her loving self, just like nothing happened.

This came totally unexpected, she has never acted that way before and she was willing to scratch and claw at me to get away from it spitting all the way.. Either way, that cat will stay on display on the top shelf of a Glass Case. I am really glad that in the end this only cost some water and soap in the troubleshooting and the moving of 1 simple item as the fix!

Has anyone else had anything that tripped your cat out in such a spastic way when she is always 100% loving to me?

Thanks
Sparkie

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
How interesting! Glad you figured it out so that you got your Elsa "back"... something about that stuffy freaked her out I guess! Too lifelike?

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
How interesting! Glad you figured it out so that you got your Elsa "back"... something about that stuffy freaked her out I guess! Too lifelike?

I do not know... took me 2 1/2 days to figure it out... She is good now.... Until she figures out how to get to the top shelf of one of the Cicero Cabinets... LOL I do not think it was life like... It was more like a childs toy and I got it just for old memories... But she was not going to have it on our Bed at anytime for any reason! She set her paws down with all Claws and Teeth extended! She made her point... but it took me 2 1/2 days to figure it out... Guess it could have been a lot worse!

Vito

Site Supporter
Never had that happen with any of our guys, definitely sounds as though Elsa made her point :) Glad you sussed it out and Elsa is happy again.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Wow, that was bizarre! I'm glad you figured out the problem without too much trouble. I wonder what scent was on the stuffed cat that set her off like that?!