Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Strange Call

D

DocMac

I got a call from a fellow out of the country who inquired why I hadn't shipped his Savannah to him yet. He says he paid thru Paypal (never gave him a Paypal addy) to my website. I was dismissive but, I'm worried about what I should do next?

A

Alice

Personally I would ignore it, sounds like he is trying to scam you, people from other countries unfortunately are notorious for that!
However, if it worries you that he may have legitimately sent some money somewhere and something went wrong, I would email him and ask him for a copy of his Paypal receipt. Paypal always sends a receipt after paying for something, and it would show the date and person/email address the money was sent to.
If he cannot or will not provide a receipt (proof of payment) then I would tell him to shove off. :) as anyone can say anything!! I could tell you the same thing but must have some sort of documentation to back it up ;)

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
PayPal keeps records of all transactions in your account. All you have to do is look him up.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Yes, you can check your account and confirm that no he didn't pay you. Then I would ask as Alice suggests, to have him send you the paypal receipt. There could well be a scammer using a paypal address just one letter different from your email address.... someone was doing that with AAA Savannahs a while back.

Kristine

I got a call from a fellow out of the country who inquired why I hadn't shipped his Savannah to him yet. He says he paid thru Paypal (never gave him a Paypal addy) to my website. I was dismissive but, I'm worried about what I should do next?
Ignore it.

D

DocMac

He hung up and I never got his name, nor email account. My Paypal checks out with no record of transaction. I don't ant my name blemished if this guy causes trouble.

A

Alice

He hung up and I never got his name, nor email account. My Paypal checks out with no record of transaction. I don't ant my name blemished if this guy causes trouble.
I don't know what damage he could do considering he is overseas and didn't actually pay you anything.... But if he tried, you could always try legal recourse. Being that he is overseas though.... Probably not much you could do except tell people he is trying to steal from you. :( unfortunately there are plenty of people out there just nasty, hateful scammers that will try anything to get something for free. Tell him where to go!!

Trish Allearz

Well- there's always a chance that he was scammed by someone else too. All you can do is be proactive- nothing you can do at the moment though.