Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

T Minus 21 Days

Patti

Admin
Staff member
She's a beauty!

If you haven't already you need to take her in for a well check with the vet - this is pretty standard in most breeders' contracts. If you find an issue and wait, then per the contract the breeder won't be responsible. Sneezing may just be environmental, but it could also be an underlying viral infection.

When you say soft feces are you talking about diarrhea, or mushy stools, or just not hard formed? Are you feeding the same food as her breeder was? Any sudden change in diet can upset the tummy and cause diarrhea, so any switch to a new food should be made gradually.

Kinna

Savannah Super Cat
She's a beauty!

If you haven't already you need to take her in for a well check with the vet - this is pretty standard in most breeders' contracts. If you find an issue and wait, then per the contract the breeder won't be responsible. Sneezing may just be environmental, but it could also be an underlying viral infection.

When you say soft feces are you talking about diarrhea, or mushy stools, or just not hard formed? Are you feeding the same food as her breeder was? Any sudden change in diet can upset the tummy and cause diarrhea, so any switch to a new food should be made gradually.
Thank you! I need to take some good pictures with my professional camera. It's hard to get a good one of her since she's all black.

Yes, she had that vet check already (it had to be within 10 days by my contract) and all was well. I'm hoping her sneezing is environmental because it increases when she explores corners, the floor and boxes, and there's no actual discharge. It looks more like a thin layer of dust getting stuck at the base of her nose, which we're trying to clean.

She's had some diarrhea maybe 4 times within the past 2 weeks, but mostly it's mushy stools or a mix of normal and mushy (it comes out normal for half of it and then mushy). I know about the food, she didn't want the breeder's food after I mixed in the new one so she's eating the new food only (with tremendous appetite, she seems to love it!). With that in mind, plus the fact that she still needs her last dewormer, I'm not too worried about the stools, but as I said in another post, I'll be keeping an eye on it and definitely take her to the vet if it doesn't turn normal after her last dewormer.