Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Taking Savannahs Camping.

cbain

Site Supporter
Our Savannah's are to independent to be on a leash , our female went into attack mode when we put a walking jacket on her, our male has his own idea of a walk, if I choose the route I drag him , if I give him a free leash it's off to the woods through every brier thicket and under every log that he can find . Lesley in post 8 tells it as it is in real life , I like the outdoors also and just looking at a Savannah cat you can see it's wild past life and last summer we gave our Savannah's some of their wild past back with a outside enclosure 25 x30 planted with thick ground cover and a pond, the 2 Savannah cats also like the outdoors and I know they are safe in their outside world.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think everyone has given you great advice... maybe you can work out how to make an enclosure (temporary or otherwise) work up there and thus allow them outside time in a safe way when you cannot be with a leash in your hand. I also don't like the idea of a tie-out for a cat...

cbain

Site Supporter
Thanks Patti, I will give one of our Savannahs a pet from you, as I write this post our male Savannah has jumped to the back of my chair and is trying to rub heads ,as I lean forward his goal is to slide down the back of the chair and push me out, I think he want's to join facebook from my PC.