Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Teeth rubbing.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I've noticed that Kovu LOVES to have his teeth rubbed. I've never had a cat that wanted me anywhere near their mouths so I thought it was odd. lol Is it a Savannah thing? a symptom of some sort? Or is he just an odd ball? :p

When I pet him he'll rub up against my hand with his nose/mouth so that my fingers rub on his teeth. Or he'll hold my arm down sometimes & do it if I'm not petting him like he wants me to. I'm not complaining, it makes it super easy to brush his teeth ;) , but I've never had a cat do that before.

K

Kronos

Well actually Kronos does this too! I just thought it was the aftermath of him going crazy with rubbing my hands with head butts, but now that I think about it I always end up somehow touching his teeth when he comes up for a good ol' head butt session.

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
Too cute! I have a few that love getting a good intense chin scratching right at the point on the chin. Most won't tolerate it, but some just love it. They are all weird! :)

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
My domestic rubs his mouth all over me. They have scent glands around their mouths/face I believe and they are marking you. Breeders/feline experts, please correct me if I'm wrong. Both my cats rub their mouths on furniture and other items as well.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
My domestic rubs his mouth all over me. They have scent glands around their mouths/face I believe and they are marking you. Breeders/feline experts, please correct me if I'm wrong. Both my cats rub their mouths on furniture and other items as well.
lol I'm the only person he does this too. Makes sense as he is with me more than Glenn or Elijah.

Michelle Anderson

Savannah Super Cat
yeah, both my cats rub their faces all over everything, including me.... :)

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
LOL! Our Jengo just started doing this to both of us - he loves to rub his teeth on my flip flops - gross! He'll actually lay there while my boyfriend rubs his teeth and purr - he's an oddball!

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
LOL! Our Jengo just started doing this to both of us - he loves to rub his teeth on my flip flops - gross! He'll actually lay there while my boyfriend rubs his teeth and purr - he's an oddball!
He's probably like THESE ARE MY SHOES!!

Kovu did it a lot,which is why I made the post. But since Glenn has deployed this past week he's going INSANE with it. He is constantly trying to be in my lap so he can rub his teeth/mouth all over my hands. Especially if I have another scent on them (like right after hand washing or shower).