Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

The Lykoi Cat we met at the Huntsville show

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
So one of the neat things we saw at the show this weekend is a new breed based on what is believed to be a recessive coat trait. Named the Lykoi or Werewolf Cat. They are soft and quite sweet despite of the funky look. :)
Lykoi Cat.jpg

Trish Allearz

They are weird looking...who breeds them again?
Brittney Gobble- a very reputable Sphynx breeder :) And she has a cobreeder too- I want to say Patti Thomas? I really respect these gals- they are all about health and welfare of their kitties :D Maybe I can get Brittney to come over and tell us more about the breed if you would like?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Brittney Gobble- a very reputable Sphynx breeder :) And she has a cobreeder too- I want to say Patti Thomas? I really respect these gals- they are all about health and welfare of their kitties :D Maybe I can get Brittney to come over and tell us more about the breed if you would like?

That would be very cool, Trish!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks for sharing the website, Lori! Isn't Daciana adorable? I love her little curls in the early pics...and her little toes are so sweet :)

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
Sweet kitten and got a lot of attention and had some of the judges looking at her and talking about the genes and testing they are doing. They have ruled out a number of possible sources through DNA testing and they have pretty much confirmed it is recessive by crossing with a normal coated cat (non carrier) and crossing to Lykois in which case all the kittens are born with this coat. Very unusual to look at!