Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

The Top Five Worst Charities to Donate To

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I've only donated to the Red Cross. After the earthquake in Japan (I'm a quarter Japanese), Lady Gaga designed these bracelets & 100% of the proceeds went to the Red Cross. Seeing as I love Japan & Lady Gaga, I bought a couple.
The only other organizations I've donated to are the Altus Animal Aid, P.U.R.R.R Rescue, & The Born This Way Foundation.

Per Lausund

Staff member
Good site!
About Red Cross: I was in the Gulf in 1991 and in x-Yugoslavia in 93-94; and both places we saw a lot of NGO activity, mostly well-meaning. I best remember United Cobblers of Birmingham (England) or whatever they were called, four people n an old van with engine trouble appearing "out of the blue" in Tuzla, Bosnia. No big expense-accounts ther, lot's of altruism though.
The Red Cross is NOT one organisation! You have the national Red Cross orgs like the Norwegian Red Cross, the American Red Cross etc, They are separate from the ICRC, the international Red Cross committee, which,as opposed to the national orgs is always there in the heat of things. Along with the Salvation Army and a host of other good ones. What we saw wasvthat the national Red Cross organisations tended to come in late and shout a lot and start competing with the ICRC and other NGOs already in theatre...

On the bad list, don't forget Sea Shepherd!

Per Lausund

Staff member
Why do you say this?
Because their actions, both at sea and in harbour, endanger the lives of others and creates hazardous situations on the oceans, also they are engaged in acts that are at best unlawful, at worst piracy. So unless one condones the use of violence, they should be on the bad list. And they are not supporting animals, they are supporting veganism.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Because their actions, both at sea and in harbour, endanger the lives of others and creates hazardous situations on the oceans, also they are engaged in acts that are at best unlawful, at worst piracy. So unless one condones the use of violence, they should be on the bad list. And they are not supporting animals, they are supporting veganism.
My fiance calls them Whale Terrorists. lol

Per Lausund

Staff member
My fiance calls them Whale Terrorists. lol
Right now, Watson is on the run, having been released on a 250.000€ bail pending extradition to Cost Rica. He is now wanted by Interpol. The subject this time is his attack on a Costa Rican coast guard vessel. He claims to have sunk a total of ten ships, but this is an exaggeration, some attempts were thwarted. But as of now, wanted by Interpol.