Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

This bothers me

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Me too....why can't the animals be spayed or neutered instead...or is it a draw for the public to see baby animals being raised by the parent animals....

Trish Allearz

Me too....why can't the animals be spayed or neutered instead...or is it a draw for the public to see baby animals being raised by the parent animals....
That's what I think it is, Pam. They said in the article, "Oh, nature dictates when we euthanize"- but except for the tigers that were accidentally bred (I think)- they let them go through the cutesie stage and then euth them. Well, damn- I'd prefer the birth control method they use in the United States. And I CANNOT imagine being a zookeeper, having to raise and care for these babies born in MY zoo, and then saying, "Well, let's slip the big needle with the pink fluid in your leg today!" I understand- it's population control, I understand in nature, some survive and some don't- but if we are going 'all natural'- let's let the animals breed on their OWN and then raise the babies ON THEIR OWN and then put the prey animals WITH them- the predators would keep the prey population down, right? At least that would be a start of being 'more natural'.

admin

Paige
Staff member
OMG - I had no idea this went on in European zoos...makes me sick! To think of these animals being raised past the baby stage and then euthanized because????

BC, S/N anyone??? Hello??? I wonder if the people who visited the zoos knew this, what they would say? how barbaric!!!