Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

TICA Registration & "Express" fee

R

rollinridge

Question fellow breeders - when you all are sending in multiple litter registrations or registerting more than one cat at a time do you send in multiple checks with multiple "express" fees (in one envelope) or lump it all together on one check with one $10 fee?

Whatever choice you have made, if you have tried either - which has worked better. I know they date stamp everything that comes in and it goes in a pile none the less but wonder if one way gets better results (without papers being "lost in the shuffle" if you know what I mean).
Thanks
Ridgley

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think the rush fee is $10 per transaction...so would be an extra $10 if you wanted the litter registration done asap, but $10 more for each kitten you wish to individually register? Although I think last litter I registered, I did it online but then called and emailed to have one of the kittens' registration rushed. and then all got done quickly although her's arrived separately a day ahead of the others...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I usually submit the registrations online (unless it's an individual kitten/cat registration separate from the litter registration which can't yet be done online) and send them the funds via PayPal, then I call them the next day and make sure they received the registrations and noticed that there is a 'Rush' on the job. As Brigitte pointed out each 'Rush' job is an extra $10 fee so if you only want to place a rush on one transaction be sure to let them know which one that is, both with the registration submission and when you call the next day.

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
How long does it usually take without the express fee? I mailed in a registration form on 8/31. Just curious, not complaining since it took 2 years to the day that I got Tink to finally get a blue slip. The blue slip was finally sent to me by TICA since the breeder has disappeared. Sue

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It usually takes several weeks. According to the TICA website they are currently working on registrations received 8/15.

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
I found the on line option to be better (faster) and they have revamped it recently so it isn't so tedious. For those that plan on showing, there is also an option to prepay a kitten for titles at a discounted rate. This has to be paid before the cat or kitten starts showing.

R

rollinridge

Thanks all - I've never tried the online because the rush option isn't available on there. (Without the rush - it took me 4 months one time - with rush a week).

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks all - I've never tried the online because the rush option isn't available on there. (Without the rush - it took me 4 months one time - with rush a week).

You have to state "Rush" somewhere on the form when filling it out on line. I think I put it by my name and they will honor it.

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
I just got an email from TICA. The blue slip that I mailed on 8/31, was received on 9/4 and has been processed and will be mailed shortly. I never thought I would get her paperwork after all the hassles I had with the breeder that refused to give me the blue slip and then disappeared from the face of the Earth. Thank you to Kristine Alessio, Paige , Patrick Kelley and anyone else that offered advise, suggestions on how to get my blue slip. I also ordered a 5 generation pedigree so that I will know more about Tink's background. Sue