Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Toilet training successes?

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I don't know if he will be "deprived" of anything really... a number of mine hate even touching the litter, they balance on the edges of the box and minimize stepping on the litter...so don't tend to dig and bury at all. So I don't know that they'd feel deprived if using a toilet at all.

Medesha

Savannah Super Cat
I don't know if he will be "deprived" of anything really... a number of mine hate even touching the litter, they balance on the edges of the box and minimize stepping on the litter...so don't tend to dig and bury at all. So I don't know that they'd feel deprived if using a toilet at all.

Mm, yeah, there's that I guess.

A few of my reformed feral kittens (even the ones that were born the house) would just go in the litterbox and walk away. I figured they were just lazy. I was just thankful that they were using the litterbox at all and not the kitchen floor. I still preferred that behavior to the few kittens who went everywhere but the litterbox and only went into the litterbox to play in it like a sandbox and frenzy-kick litter everywhere.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I don't mind them not digging at all, makes it easier for me to clean out the poops when I don't have to dig myself! I clean multiple times a day so it suits me to just see it sitting there and get it out of the way. Course, it means my lot are very used to the litterbox being clean...

Glamouresque

Savannah Super Cat
A friend of mine got an F3 (my F3 sister) she peed in the sink at the same time her mistress was doing the same in the toilet. She is so brilliant girl !! I gave her the link for the toilet trick.

I want to try, but I am training my baby boy and I have only one bathroom. Hoping it won't be too late if my cats are older.

J.B.

Savannah Super Cat
do you think cats who dig to use the litterbox would have a harder time toilet training? cuz titus digs to china before he pees, so im worried hed jump in to try to bury it or something...

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'm sure he'd probably only jump in once to bury it...unless he's a water-loving Savannah and then yes it could be messy (read my experience with toilet training previous in this thread)...

Marissa

Savannah Super Cat
My one Bengal boy uses the cat litter box like he would a toilet. It's oneida those bins where he goes I'm the top, maybe I should start toilet training....