Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Two F1s in the same house

T

tkymasters

Any of the breeders or owners have two F1s under the same roof? Has it become a territorial issue? Excessive spraying? Cat fights?

Our temporary guest, Shiro, warmed up my wife's heart (usually cold as ice)... Since Kronos wants to only hang with me and Kirby hangs around my 2 sons, she is starting to have baby sickness... There's no way in the broad universe we are having another kid, but she wants to have a sidekick like Kronos. She has the ability to bring a pet to work, so hopefully bonding shouldn't be an issue.

Kronos and Kirby gets along great.. When they were first introduced 8 months ago, Kronos tolerated her. Now they play and eat together. Introducing a new F1 kitten may not pose a problem, but when they get older...???

Trish Allearz

Yep- we have an alter and two unaltered female F1s. I would say if you have two alters, I don't think you should have any real issue. Unaltered cats are a whole different game though.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I agree, Trish, I have an altered and unaltered female F1s in the house and they are as close as if they were born littermates :)

I think if you introduced as kittens all would be fine, as Trish says easiest if both altered of course :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Any of the breeders or owners have two F1s under the same roof? Has it become a territorial issue? Excessive spraying? Cat fights?

Our temporary guest, Shiro, warmed up my wife's heart (usually cold as ice)... Since Kronos wants to only hang with me and Kirby hangs around my 2 sons, she is starting to have baby sickness... There's no way in the broad universe we are having another kid, but she wants to have a sidekick like Kronos. She has the ability to bring a pet to work, so hopefully bonding shouldn't be an issue.

Kronos and Kirby gets along great.. When they were first introduced 8 months ago, Kronos tolerated her. Now they play and eat together. Introducing a new F1 kitten may not pose a problem, but when they get older...???
I have four - one occasionally tries to act the alpha cat but doesn't always get away with it, the rest are fine with each other.

S

shelby

I do have two F1 females that live in harmony.