Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Urinating on the Duvet

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
I have not tried it. Where do you get it? Is it expensive?
Never mind, looked it up on line and reviews are not that good. Think I'm gonna stick with what works for me right now. Maybe other have used it though and really like it. Thanks for suggesting it though.

Gryphoak

Savannah Super Cat
I thought I'd update everyone on Calyx's duvet problem. We changed out the natural fill duvets for a man-made comforter for a couple weeks and put an extra litter in our master bath. He did not have any accidents so we put the silk duvet back on the bed a couple weeks ago. And... there has been no more urine! We will try the down duvet when the fall comes. Fingers crossed he has broken the habit!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I thought I'd update everyone on Calyx's duvet problem. We changed out the natural fill duvets for a man-made comforter for a couple weeks and put an extra litter in our master bath. He did not have any accidents so we put the silk duvet back on the bed a couple weeks ago. And... there has been no more urine! We will try the down duvet when the fall comes. Fingers crossed he has broken the habit!

Great news!

I have to agree with Paige - down seems to be irresistible for cats to pee on. I've not heard of silk being an attractor before but then, I've never known anyone with a silk duvet before. I think it has to do with the animal content so silk would fall into that category. I'm afraid you might have to put away these items and switch to man made products. BTW, what enzyme cleaner did you use? Not all enzyme cleaners are equal...
My little stinker Niko-san loves the 'v' between the cushions on the sectional and anything tempurpedic