Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Vaccination recovery problems.

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
We have found a 'little' boy... he's just over 14 months, so maybe not so little now but a real beauty! :) Cynthia from The Kasbah has been so helpful. While we are sadden by the event we did not want it to tarnish our excitement for a new family member. This guy will be Leto as well, in tribute and a name we've been holding onto for sometime! And he WILL be LOVED... spoiled... played with snuggled and did I mention spoiled?

Thanks so much everyone!

Attachments

admin

Paige
Staff member
Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the baby passing away...that is heartbreaking :(

Cynthia's boy is absolutely gorgeous! And at 14 months is still very much a kitten! I think it is great that you are bringing home an older kitten - I'm sure you will be very happy and Cynthia will take good care of you.

Congrats!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi all,

We had already cancelled the purchase as it seemed he would have lingering health problems. In the end they are unsure of the cause, seems related to the shots to me.
It also could have been that the kitten was sick, unbeknownst to the breeder and getting his shots just stressed him to the max...

What we do suggest often, is that all the shots are not given at once, so as not to really tax the immune system. Again - I am so sorry...

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
Hi Paige.. Thanks we were thinking the same thing.. he's a prankster and we need some liveliness around the house! Someone had mentioned spacing the vaccines (those needed) out over a few sessions as not to stress the system out with a big dose all at once. It's very very possible he already had an issue or allergic reaction to the shots.

We are now looking forward to our "BIG" boy getting home!!